Members and Volunteers
Charter Members are successful seasoned entrepreneurs, corporate executives, technology executives, venture capitalists, educators, mentors and senior professionals who have reached a stage in their professional life where they are ready, willing, and able to contribute to the growth of community members. Charter Members join in the spirit of giving back and derive satisfaction through helping budding entrepreneurs. They benefit by networking with each other and with the rising entrepreneurs that we serve through our programs and events.
This membership comes with the following benefits:
- Networking opportunity throughout the TiE community of entrepreneurs, peers, investors, and professionals who are also invested in fostering entrepreneurship
- Advise, mentor or invest in a curated set of startups
- Opportunity to influence the growth and development of the TiE Seattle community and TiE Global community (as speakers, as a program mentor, as mentor to community members who are entrepreneurs, intrapreneurs, and aspiring entrepreneurs, as available)
- Free & discounted admission to all TiE events worldwide, including TiE Seattle events
- An invitation to attend Charter Member-exclusive events
- Eligibility to be nominated to the Board of Directors of TiE Seattle
Additional Charter Members benefit includes
TiE Global launched Special interest groups only for Charter Members. There are 10 SiGs led by Trustees / Charter Members from Across the world. Most SiGs have upwards of 150 members. Some SiGs have got a lot of traction with a regular calendar of events. Business Opportunities discovery, Domain focused events, Member only sessions etc are all planned by the SiG leadership
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Gaming, Media Entertainment
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Emerging Tech
- Alternate Funding
TiE CM smart card.
CM Smart Card (virtual) which you can store and access on your mobile phone. The various engagement and interaction features of the TiE Charter Member Smart Card will provide great value to all Charter Members. The benefits include –
- Update your profile for other CM’s to know more about you.
- Network across chapters (sector and geographic search for other CMs).
- Opportunities – connect to the Opportunity Network at the click of a button.
- Chat rooms on various global topics (sector-specific SIGs) and the option to have chapter-level groups.
- Events access (upcoming events in your chapter or other chapters + a weekly event calendar).
- Musings from members (Thought-provoking knowledge sharing).
- News about your chapter or other members.
- Option to look for partnerships, opportunities, resources at the chapter, or global level.
- Emerging Tech
- Offers (Special deals for Charter members at the chapter and global level).
For any questions and/or suggestions please reach out to [email protected]
Charter Members are enrolled by invitation only to ensure they add value to the member community and large ecosystem. There is a nominal non-refundable fee charter membership fee. This helps underwrite TiE operations.
As a TiE Seattle Member, you will benefit from a year of Free and Discounted services plus extensive networking and collaboration opportunities with peers, seasoned serial entrepreneurs and investors. You will also have the opportunity to take leadership roles and serve the community as a volunteer.
Here is what we have for you:
- GoVertical Workshops – A time-bound competition in a target industry area, like Machine Learning, Blockchain … etc. that provides an opportunity to get an idea off the ground and learn from industry leaders. Members who get into the workshop will have access to 1:1 mentorship from CMs and domain experts*.
- TiE Entrepreneur Institute(TiE EI) – A wide-ranging suite of seminars that will help new and early stage startups navigate the common challenges of getting a business off the ground and accelerating to growth. These topics are delivered by our TiE Seattle Charter Members, successful entrepreneurs, seasoned executives and domain experts. Members get a discounted rate as well as access to 1:1 mentorship from CMs and domain experts*.
- Z5 Catalyst Fund – You will have access to apply for Catalyst Fund Review & Evaluation. If you are ready to raise over $500K in funding, ping us.
- Industry Spotlight Program– An opportunity to network at these exclusive events with VC and industry partners. In addition, if/when the event topic is in the area of your idea or startup, you can have stage time opportunity to pitch in front of this audience. Ping us if you are interested.
- Access to a platform for attracting talent or joining a startup. Through our Charter Members and Members, you have an opportunity to find talent or join startups, nationally or internationally. Ping us if you’re interested.
- You will have access to a global network of 60 chapters and 15,000 members.
- Another program we are proud of is the TiE Young Entrepreneur TYE – A workshop that focuses on teenagers (9th-12th grade levels) who are interested in exploring becoming entrepreneurs – these kids would receive instruction & mentorship, as well as, opportunities to pitch & compete in local & global competitions. Also, Student Members get a discounted membership registration and enrollment fee.
Your TiE Seattle membership is valid for 12 months from the time of membership registration with an option to renew automatically annually.
*There will be criteria and discretion used to match members with Charter Members for Mentorship, to insure optimal experience for both.
Even if you are not involved with TiE in the various programs, you can participate as a limited partner in the Catalyst Fund. Your benefits and access with be the same as for Charter Members.
TiE’s mission is carried through the volunteer efforts of Charter Members, Members, and students. As a volunteer, you have the unique opportunity to contribute to the thriving Seattle startup ecosystem and interact with entrepreneurs, senior executives from the world’s most valuable companies and VCs. Volunteers help with event registration and management, coordinating speakers and panelists, sponsor stewardship and more. We strive to shape your volunteer experience to your skills, background, and available time constraints.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email us with your profile and interest.