Members and Volunteers
TiE Seattle Charter Members are successful serial entrepreneurs, technology executives, angel investors, venture capitalists, educators, mentors and service provides who are committed to giving back to the local Seattle and Eastside community by building companies, creating jobs and generating wealth. TiE is the largest nonprofit network fostering entrepreneurship.
Charter Members are enrolled by invitation only to ensure they add value to the member community and the larger ecosystem. There is a nominal fee, a tax deductible non profit donation, as we do not do fundraising events.
There are numerous opportunities for Charter Members to get value as well as give back to the community:
- Advise, mentor or invest in a curated set of startups
- Network at exclusive events with VC and industry partners
- Speak at local, national or global events
- Lead a program with other thought leaders
- Access a global network of 60 chapters and 15,000 members
As a TiE Seattle Member, you will benefit from a year of Free and Discounted services plus extensive networking and collaboration opportunities with peers, seasoned serial entrepreneurs and investors. You will also have the opportunity to take leadership roles and serve the community as a volunteer.
Here is what we have for you:
- <New in 2019> A Startup Starter Kit, ready for our members upon registration, that will carry a list of Free services/consultation in Sales and Marketing Strategy, PR, Corp Legal, Immigration, Tax, PR, as well as, access to EI Content, Practice Pitch with Investors and Office/Space Accommodation.
- GoVertical Workshops – A time-bound competition in a target industry area, like Machine Learning, Blockchain … etc. that provides an opportunity to get an idea off the ground and learn from industry leaders. Members who get into the workshop will have access to 1:1 mentorship from CMs and domain experts*.
- TiE Entrepreneur Institute(TiE EI) – A wide-ranging suite of seminars that will help new and early stage startups navigate the common challenges of getting a business off the ground and accelerating to growth. These topics are delivered by our TiE Seattle Charter Members, successful entrepreneurs, seasoned executives and domain experts. Members get a discounted rate as well as access to 1:1 mentorship from CMs and domain experts*.
- Z5 Catalyst Fund – You will have access to apply for Catalyst Fund Review & Evaluation. If you are ready to raise over $500K in funding, ping us.
- Industry Spotlight Program– An opportunity to network at these exclusive events with VC and industry partners. In addition, if/when the event topic is in the area of your idea or startup, you can have stage time opportunity to pitch in front of this audience. Ping us if you are interested.
- Access to a platform for attracting talent or joining a startup. Through our Charter Members and Members, you have an opportunity to find talent or join startups, nationally or internationally. Ping us if you’re interested.
- You will have access to a global network of 60 chapters and 15,000 members.
- Another program we are proud of is the TiE Young Entrepreneur TYE – A workshop that focuses on teenagers (9th-12th grade levels) who are interested in exploring becoming entrepreneurs – these kids would receive instruction & mentorship, as well as, opportunities to pitch & compete in local & global competitions. Also, Student Members get a discounted membership registration and enrollment fee.
Your TiE Seattle membership is valid for 12 months from the time of membership registration with an option to renew automatically annually.
*There will be criteria and discretion used to match members with Charter Members for Mentorship, to insure optimal experience for both.
Even if you are not involved with TiE in the various programs, you can participate as a limited partner in the Catalyst Fund. Your benefits and access with be the same as for Charter Members.
TiE’s mission is carried through the volunteer efforts of Charter Members, Members, and students. As a volunteer, you have the unique opportunity to contribute to the thriving Seattle startup ecosystem and interact with entrepreneurs, senior executives from the world’s most valuable companies and VCs. Volunteers help with event registration and management, coordinating speakers and panelists, sponsor stewardship and more. We strive to shape your volunteer experience to your skills, background, and available time constraints.
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email us with your profile and interest.